Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I miss my radio

As a courier driver, I get to use a company vehicle, which means all fuel & maintenance is taken care of by the company, and of course the car has a radio which I listen to throughout the day.

At the end of last week, the boss took me out of the car I have used for the last 9 months, and put me into one of the vans; this was so that I could carry more boxes etc, that were needed for my city run.

The only problem with this arrangement is that the van I'm now using does not have a working radio. There is a radio in the van, but it doesn't work, so I have to drive around without my favorite music & talk back stations.

Unfortunately, getting the company to fix these things including air conditioners just falls on deaf ears.

I may have to improvise and use a battery powered transmitter radio from home. The only problem is having to switch it on & off when I get in & out of the vehicle.

Do you enjoy listening to a radio or CD in the car? How would you cope if it was taken away from you? Even though these things are luxury's we really do notice when they're not there.

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

Technorati Tags: -

2 Comments:

Sarah said...

I enjoy listening to the radio in the car. It's the only time I ever listen to it besides my clock radio in the mornings.

It's nice to drive bopping along to good music. However, it can be a distraction and if I'm on an unfamiliar route, sometimes I'll turn the radio down to concentrate more. I remember when I first drove in Perth, I was so scared I always left the radio off cos I was concentrating soooo hard!

Scott Parker said...

Yep I'm guilty of doing that too. Isn't it funny how we turn our radio's down when we're trying to concentrate.

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog