Thursday, October 11, 2007

Fear

Are there things that you're afraid of but you don't know why? Today during my morning run, I was confronted with something that made me afraid.

A light bulb had blown in one of the elevators in the city that I use every day at work, and so when the doors opened to let me in, I saw that it was dark inside & once the doors were to shut it would be even darker & I could not enter the elevator.

I don't think I'm afraid of the dark (although I wonder sometimes), & I'm up and down elevators all day. If there had have been someone else with me it would've been fine, but I could not step into that dark elevator by myself. In the end I waited a couple of minutes longer for the next elevator, that did have lights on.

It can be a little embarrassing as an adult telling people that you have a problem with dark places, but now that I think about it, there have been times in the past where I have been in similar situations with similar results. Perhaps this insight gives me something to work on.

So my next challenge is to conquer that elevator if it is dark again; I'll keep you posted.

AddThis Feed Button

Technorati Tags: - -

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog