Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'm Baaack

Yes my blogging has been dormant for the past ten days; no I have not been away and no, I have not been too busy.

On Friday, October 12th at 8pm, something happened; I have absolutely no idea what, how or why; our computer crashed and I don't just mean that it froze; it completely crashed, system failure, access denied, goodnight. After several attempts at re booting the system, I gave up in disgust & packed it up ready to go into the shop the next morning.

The technician attempted to log in to the system but kept getting error messages; he said the only solution was a complete re installation of the operating system.

I was thinking about upgrading to a bigger hard-drive anyway, but was putting it off due to cost, so I thought I might as well get that done while it was there, plus new anti-virus software.

So even though it was really bad timing, we now have a fresh clutter free system, with double the hard-drive space, and it's much quicker too.

The only problem now is that I have to go & re-install all the different programmes we had, if I can remember them all. Thankfully all our documents, photo's, video's etc, we all recovered.

Hopefully I can now get back into regular blogging again.

Btw, Firefox is much better than Explorer:)

AddThis Feed Button


Technorati Tags: - -

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog