Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Training wheels

Today I had my first training with Green Cabs, the taxi company I am waiting to start driving for.

I was picked up this morning by the owner of the cab that I will be driving; then with myself driving we slowly made our way across town where we met up with man who was running the training session.

I was shown how to operate the vehicle, as it is an electric powered Hybrid vehicle (Toyota Prius), and also how to use the computer system from which the taxi job dispatch & meter are operated. It's all very interesting & flash.

We also went out to the Christchurch International Airport to learn how things work out there. I still have to go & get my airport access & ID card, but I can't do that until I get my official taxi license in the mail, which should be here tomorrow.

So it was a fun day of learning, and I am feeling a little weary, but I am looking forward to starting my Taxi work, next week if all goes well.

If you're interested in finding out more about Green Cabs, just click here to visit their website.

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog