Friday, January 11, 2008

Graffiti & Nappies

Recently I've started listening to the talk back programs on Perth's ABC radio. In the past I have not really been interested in talk back radio, but I'm becoming more interested in currant issues & it's quite interesting to hear what different people have to say about stuff. I thought I'd blog about various subjects & see if we can a conversation going.

Two topics they were talking about today were Graffiti & Nappies.

We've all probably seen it somewhere; public places, alley ways, sides of buildings etc; people who vandalize public property with spray cans. The question is what should be done about it? How do we catch them & how do we punish them?

Some say they should be made to spend time cleaning up what they have done & pay all costs incurred. Will this be enough to stop them offending? What do you think??

Also on discussion was the topic of nappies. Which is better for the environment, cloth or disposable nappies. You may think cloth nappies are more environmentally friendly, but there was good argument for both. What do you think?

I'd love to get comments on both these topics. Please leave your thoughts in the comments section.

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

Technorati Tags: -

1 Comment:

Tracey said...

Hi Scott, I think some graffiti are works of art, some arent and are disgusting. I realise that it`s often carried out on private property as well. It`s a difficult one to police. They could always erect CCTV cameras like they have done in many of our cities and suburbs here in the UK, then of course you run the risk of coming a Big Brother state. We are going down that route here in the UK.

On the issue of disposable nappies, I guess if you look at all the pros and cons of disposable vs cloth nappies, I think the new washable nappies are the best for the environment and you actually save money in the long term.

I of course was dreadful and used diposables back when the girls were in nappies! :(

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog