Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Clean up begins

It's now about 5 weeks until we leave for NZ, and so with that comes the task of getting rid of junk. It's going to work out cheaper to sell most things before we go and then replace it all when we get to NZ; the shipping costs are quite expensive.

Over the weekend we started cleaning out the back shed where allot of things are still in boxes, as we don't have the room in the house for it all.

I found an old suitcase which was full of old stuff that my parents had as children. My mum went through it all & decided which stuff she wanted to keep & the rest of it went in the rubbish.

I found a couple of boxes of stuff that have been there since I moved from NZ 6 years ago. It's stuff that I have just kept because one day I might use it (not), but as most of it has not been used in 6 years, and probably won't be, it went in the rubbish.

Do you have stuff stored away somewhere that's just gathering dust? Often moving house (or country) can be a good time to have a throw out of all that stuff that just doesn't get used. How do you feel about throwing things out?

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

Technorati Tags: -

1 Comment:

Sarah said...

Maybe you could have a garage sale or go to a swapmeet? They're always good for getting rid of junk. I'm planning to hold a garage sale in a few weeks to sell off stuff I no longer need after my recent move. While it might seem like junk to us, remember one man's trash is another man's treasure. Might as well make some money out of it if you can.

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog