Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Just two dollars

What does it mean for you?

Over the last week, I've seen two very different scenario's of what the two dollar coin can mean to people.

In the first scenario, I saw a young bloke in the city sitting down on the pavement, with his head down, a handkerchief next to him, and a cardboard sign next to him with these words, "Can you spare a coin?". Obviously a man in desperate need, where even the smallest amount means so much; I gave him a two dollar coin out of my wallet.

The second scenario is this; a young lady walking on the same sidewalk as the above man was sitting (a different day and the man wasn't there), when all of a sudden a two dollar coin drops out of her hand & lands by her feet. She looks down at the coin, hesitates for a second, then continues on her way, leaving the coin on the ground.

When I saw this, I went back to my car to unload what I was carrying, then returned about a minute later & picked up the coin which obviously no one had noticed lying on the ground,and put it in my wallet. I figured if she doesn't want to bend down & pick it up then I will.

So, one two dollar coin, two different people; one so much in need, the other too lazy to bend down & pick it up.

What would you do? Have you seen anything similar?

AddThis Feed Button

Technorati Tags: - -

2 Comments:

Sarah said...

Apparently if Bill Gates were to drop $1000 it wouldn't be worth his while to go and pick it up! Heard that some place...

Anonymous said...

Wow, I want to hang out there. $2 coins are flowing freely!

We don't have $2 coins here in the states. But when we were in Europe I loved the Euro coins. Having the 5 euro coin was nice!

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog