Sunday, November 11, 2007

The heat is on

It looks like summer is starting early this year. Today we had our first heat wave of the summer months.

The mercury topped 37 deg C this afternoon, & tomorrow it is tipped to reach 39. I am sick of the hot weather here in Perth. I know it's only the start of summer, and Perth is known for it's hot climate & beach culture, so I'm really looking forward to getting back to the cooler climate of New Zealand in 2008.

Thankfully my mum, who is staying with us has a portable air conditioner to replace the cooler fan we have been using up until now. I just pray that it won't be too hot too often this summer.

So do you thrive in the heat, or like me do you just push through the summer months & long for the much more pleasant winter months?

AddThis Feed Button


Technorati Tags: -

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott, It is cold here at the moment and I wish it was warmer :( I have a cold as well which doesn`t help . :(

Sarah said...

I hate hot weather. Up to 30 is okay but anything much over that and I retreat into air conditioned comfort.

I don't understand people who call 40 degrees 'gorgeous'.

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog