Thursday, November 22, 2007

Are you speeding?

I couldn't find the image I was looking, but the sign basically says "Are you speeding? Speed camera ahead" This was the sign I came across driving home from work tonight.

Chances are you've seen the sign that informs you that you've just driven past a speed camera; of course once you see that sign it's too late; if you are speeding you've been flashed.

This sign I saw tonight on the road was placed about 50 meters before the camera, which if you are watching the road correctly you'd see & have plenty of time to check and adjust you speed accordingly.

This proved a point to me that the police & government are not all about revenue raising with their speed camera's, but as they claim they want to get drivers to slow down & hopefully reduce the amount of accidents & deaths on our roads.

I think the warning signs are good for quick reminders for those of us who often creep above the speed limit; but for those who still don't see the sign, you can be assured the camera will see you.

AddThis Feed Button

Technorati Tags: -

3 Comments:

Raquel L. McLaughlin said...

Hi Scott - great post. I once received 3 speed camera tickets in the mail in the same week. :-(
Be careful...

Scott Parker said...

That's funny Raquel. When I lived in NZ, there was a man who got caught by the same camera twice within the same hour:)

Sarah said...

Exactly. I'm sick of people complaining that they weren't aware of speed camera locations and the government are just about revenue raising - when they shouldn't have been speeding in the first place!

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog