Sunday, September 2, 2007

Happy fathers day

A big happy fathers day to all you dads out there.

For me, it's my first time celebrating as a dad. Actually it's my first time in many years when I've deliberately thought about fathers day. My own dad died on the 18th March 1995 under tragic circumstances, and so since then Fathers day has just come & gone as a normal day for me.

This morning I received a beautiful card from my wife & 4 month old daughter Chloe. It was quite emotional for me as the last fathers day card I saw, as the one I gave to my dad all those years ago, plus it was very weird receiving a card with DAD on the front.

At church, they had a special honouring men day; they had, among other stuff free food at the end of the service, massage etc. I'm not really into massage, but the food was nice; hot dogs & chips.

After lunch we went out for coffee & cake at a cafe in Leederville, very nice.

I brought myself a new digital camera yesterday; It wasn't really a fathers day gift, as I would've bought it anyway because our other one is old & in need of repair. The old story; it was cheaper to replace it.

So that was my fathers day; what about you, did you get spoiled?? Can you remember your very first fathers day?? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments section below.

AddThis Feed Button

Technorati Tags:

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog