Friday, September 28, 2007

Boring Occupations

What is the most boring job you've had, or could think of doing??

I'm in Perth city every weekday doing my courier run. Now I go to the same places & see the same people every day, & while some people may consider that boring, I actually quite enjoy it.

There are however, 2 types of jobs that I see every day throughout the city centre & I think how can these people do all day every day.

The first is standing on street corners selling magazines. Standing or sitting for hours on end holding up a magazine waiting for a passer by er to stop & exchange a magazine for a few gold coins. One young man I was chatting to said he had been sitting at the same spot for 4 hours & had sold ten magazines.

The second boring job I see is the construction worker who stands in the middle of the road holding one of those signs that stops traffic to allow for the thoroughfare of construction vehicles. In the heat of the afternoon or on a rainy day, that would really annoy me just standing there for so long. From what I understand they are paid very well; they'd have to be.

As for me, the most boring job I've had, was doing a traffic survey & writing down number plates of vehicles as they drove past on a busy highway. Thankfully that was a once off & only lasted a week.

What about you? What's your idea of a boring job?


AddThis Feed Button


Technorati Tags: -

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog