Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Wind, rain & umbrella's

We had allot of wind & rain in Perth today, as a strong cold front crossed the coast. At times there were heavy downpours accompanied by gale force winds. In the city there were people everywhere with umbrella's.

With the wind & rain together, trying to use an umbrella could prove a challenging task.

You've probably seen the movie, "Mary Poppins", when all the umbrella's are blown inside out by the wind. Well today I actually saw this happen for real.

There was a gentleman standing on the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road holding an umbrella tightly with both hands. He was trying to walk one way while facing into the wind to keep his umbrella from blowing everywhere. At one point he turned to face me & gave me a smile in amusement.

All of a sudden a big gust of wind came up & pop, that was the end of his umbrella. He turned back to me & with the same smile yelled a four letter word which I will not repeat. He then gathered up what was left of the umbrella & made a dash for shelter.

Now while I don't like to laugh at others misfortunes, it was rather funny to watch, obviously the man saw the funny side too.

As for me; well I keep an umbrella in my car just in case, but I would rather wait for the rain to ease or make a dash for shelter, and as I saw today, wind, rain & umbrella's could be a recipe for disaster.

AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog