Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Little Car

Over the last few days, my little car (1989 Mazda 121) has been showing signs that it might be time for a visit to the workshop.

I've started to notice over recent days that it has been coughing & spluttering allot. At first I thought it just because the engine was cold (after starting off from home at 6:30am), but then when it coughed & carried on doing 90km/hr on the freeway, that idea was thrown out the window. It has gradually gotten worse, & then tonight driving home, I wondered if I was going to make it home; praise God, I did.

I've been putting off getting it serviced, because my Brother In-law who is a mechanic, has been flat out & hasn't had time, but I think now I cannot put it off much longer; I'll have to book it in to a workshop to see the auto doctor.

I must say though, my little car has done very well. It has recently clocked over the 307,000 km mark & still goes very well. I bought it about 3 years ago, and at that stage it had 264,000 km on the clock, so it has done me well. I'm not quite ready to part with it yet, as it is fairly cheap to run, & I probably wouldn't get much for it anyhow.

I'm quite confident that after it's been to the doctor, it will revving to go again, & if I treat it well, hopefully it'll give me another 40,000 kms.

AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog