Sunday, July 1, 2007

Three years today

Today is June 30 2007. For most people, June 30 means the end of the financial year. While this is true, for myself included, it also marks an important date in my history.

It was 3 years ago today that I asked my lovely wife Jo to marry me; I remember it vividly. We were at a church social group meeting & of all the things to discuss, that night we were talking about dating & relationships.

I had already purchased the ring, & had it hidden in my draw in my office (at church). After the meeting was over, I summoned Jo into my office because I had something to show her. Once we were in my office, I opened the draw, pulled out a red rose, which contained the ring, got down on one knee & popped the question. Without hesitation she said yes & that was it.

So now when June 30 comes along, the horrors of tax time might be present, but the joys of love & engagement are resurfaced all over again.

AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog