Saturday, July 21, 2007

Getting around

Wow, I havent blogged at all this week, too much else happening.

I have been doing something new this week. For weeks now I've been driving 40 minutes through Perth's peak hour traffic each way to & from work. Unless I'm on the freeway before 6:15am, it is usually about a 40 minute trip & comming home at night it's peak hour as well.

My job as a courier, I am on the road all day & sometimes by the end of the day I feel a little weary during the drive home.

I decided to try the public transport system this week. From home I drive to the train station, catch the train into the city, then bus from the city to work. All in all it's about an hours trip, which even though it is longer than the car, I can relax & not worry about arguing with the traffic. Also, I don't have to worry about being tired on the way home.

I bought myself a Smartrider, which is a pre-paid card which the fare is deducted from. I recon it saves me about 10 dollars in fuel & wear & tear on the car as well. Why not check out the Transperth system for yourself if you live in Perth. You can visit their website here.

AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog