Sunday, May 20, 2007

Sleepless night

Being a father has it good points & it's bad points. One of those bad points is a lack of sleep.
Last night was one of those experiences.

Being a Friday night & not having to get up early for work the next morning, I decided I would wake up & help Jo with the baby when the time came. Normally she (Chloe) wakes up about 1am for a feed nappy change, then goes back to bed easily for a 4 hour period. Well, this morning she woke at 1:30am as usual, I woke up just as Jo was starting to feed her, so I asked Jo what I should do & did what she asked me. All was OK. This process normally takes about 45 minutes to feed & change.

After having a bit of trouble settling her back into bed, we turned the lights off at around 2:30am. Just when I was drifting off again, the crying started. Jo got up again & gave her a little more feed, then had to change her again, before she threw up. Oh dear!! Anyway, after much frustration due to tiredness, we finally crawled back into bed at 3:15am, got a few hours sleep before she woke up again at 5:30am; thankfully only for a half hour this time.

Fortunately being a Saturday morning, we could sleep in a bit; well 10am is not that late when you've been up all night, is it??
AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog