Friday, May 4, 2007

Please Don't Call Me

Have you been having those annoying telemarketers ringing you on a regular basis? We've certainly had our fair share. I've gotten to the point now where I actually tell the telemarketer that I won't buy what he or she is selling, because I'm sick & tired of them pestering me.


Relief finally today, with the Australian Government launching a new DO Not Call list. You can register your details including up to 10 phone numbers & telemarketers can receive large penalties if they call numbers on the list.


The funny thing is, is that within 1 hour of the website being launched this morning, the server had already crashed due to the heavy demand. It just goes to prove that the majority of people are fed up with all the calls.


I've just registered our home phone & 2 mobile numbers, so hopefully within 30 days we should be seeing a dramatic reduction in marketing calls. If you want to register your details & put a stop to the telemarketers, just go to the Do Not Call website now.

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog