Saturday, July 5, 2008

A white Christmas......not quite

Living in New Zealand, you're bound to see snow somewhere; and even though I grew up here, I never actually saw a snowfall. Now while I have been skiing at the ski fields, I've never actually physically seen the white stuff fall from the sky like rain.

Today we were expecting rain in the afternoon, but we were all pleasantly suprized when it started snowing. It was light at first, but gradually got heavier and covered both cars & turned our green lawn whiter than white.

According to the Metservice weather forecast, the entire country copped something out of the wintry blast. The temperature here in Christchurch dropped from 7 deg C at 2pm to 2 deg C by 3pm.

Now the snowflakes have turned into rain, & the white blanket of crisp snow is turning into a slippery, sludgy mess.

The photo in this post is one of a few that I took during the snowstorm; to view more photo's, CLICK HERE to go to my Facebook page.

So why did I title this post "White Christmas....not quite? Well I've always wanted a white Christmas, it's just the wrong time of year for those of us in the southern hemisphere.

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog