Friday, June 13, 2008

Don't Dial & Drive

It's been on the news here in NZ recently about a new law they're trying to pass about using a hand held mobile phone while driving. It's ok to use hands free.

It would seem that they're a bit behind here in NZ. This law has been in place in Perth for several years. That was one of the things I noticed when I first arrived in Perth back in 2002, using your phone while driving is illegal.

Personally I think there should be a complete ban on the use of mobile phones while driving. Whether you are holding the phone or not, you have to concentrate on the conversation, which takes your complete concentration off the road, especially in busy areas or peak hour traffic.

I have to admit to talking on the phone while driving, but I do make the effort not to send text messages. How about you?

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

1 Comment:

Sarah said...

I usually try and pull over but there has been the odd occasion where I've been talking on my phone while driving. Usually it's when I'm lost and need directions but there's nowhere to pull over.

I can see some merit in banning phones completely while driving, even hands free, but really isn't hands free kind of just like having a conversation with your passenger? You still have to concentrate on what the person sitting next to you is saying.

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog