Monday, May 12, 2008

Our Weekend Away

During the weekend Jo & I went up to my hometown of Blenheim to visit the family.

It's about a 4 hour drive, but with a young child & having to make a few extra stops it took us about 4 and a half hours; we arrived about 6:30pm on Friday night.

We went shopping with my Uncle (who we were staying with) on Saturday morning & then my Nana & Aunt joined us for a BBQ lunch. We finished up about 2pm & spent the rest of afternoon lounging around the house.

Sunday of course was Mothers Day; now while my own mum is still overseas with my sister in Perth, it was Jo's second Mothers day, and so we went out with the rest of the family for a Mothers day lunch at a nice restaurant in town; the family very generously paid for Jo & I.

My good friend Warren then took us for a drive to a small seaside town called Picton (my family has a holiday home in the sounds and so I grew up around Picton allot). Warren then came back to my uncles place & joined us for a roast dinner, as if lunch wasn't enough.

Today (Monday), and unfortunately the weekend was over & it was time to make the 4 and a half hour drive home to Christchurch. We arrived home about 3:45pm. A lovely weekend away; Jo & I both agree we'll have to go away more often. Next time we'll make sure the digital camera has fully charged batteries.

How often do you get to venture away from home for a few days? Where is your favorite destination?

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

1 Comment:

Middo said...

Heya Scotty!!

Sounds like old NZ is looking after you. You getting your old Kiwi accent back yet?

Glad to hear you are settling in well. Say hi to Jo for me:)

Middo

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog