Friday, February 22, 2008

My Train Journey

This morning I went into town on the train to meet up with a friend for the final time before heading overseas. They say that the public transport system is suposed to make life easier, but the fun started even before I got on the train.

I drove my car to the train station about 5 minutes from home, once I got there I drove around the car park for about 10 minutes looking for a park. I gave up & decided to drive down the freeway to the next train station. I then drove around that car park for about 5 minutes before finally getting a park in the far corner.

Once I got onto the platform I discovered another delay; because this was one of the smaller train stations not all trains stop here, and so the train that was coming was not stopping. The next train was due in 10 minutes. By this time I was already 5 minutes late for my meeting with my friend, so another 10 minutes wasn't going to matter, & then the journey was 15 minutes anyway.

I finally met my friend, 25 minutes late, but we had a nice morning tea & chit chat, and then I headed back to the train to come home.

Just for the record, the journey home was allot simpler; I just had to wait for a second train.

AddThis Feed Button

StumbleUpon

Technorati Tags: -

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog