Thursday, November 1, 2007

Getting in Early

I know it's only the first day in November, but when you look at it, there's only 9 weeks until Christmas.

If your family is anything like ours, yo have many people including children to buy presents for, & allot of people, like us, just don't have allot of money to throw around.

Jo & I worked out how many people we have to buy for & decided that rather than waiting until the last couple of weeks, & having to buy everything at once, we would start now & buy one or two things each week until the big day.

This year we have a couple of other families joining us for Christmas, so we thought we would buy something small for each family, so obviously that's extra stuff to buy, which is fine if you are prepared.

Are you going to start early, or just wait until the last minute? I think if you get organized early, you can actually enjoy the festive season when it officially starts, whenever that it; it seems to be getting earlier every year.

So, the next thing we need to think about is Christmas cards & emails.

AddThis Feed Button

Technorati Tags: -

3 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Scott I too have started buying a few little bits early. I usually get the stocking filler things for the girls first and then think about what Big present to get for them both. This year Katy wants a Nintendo DS and I`m not too sure what Lucy wants.

All I know is that now they also want a Nintendo Gamecube as well since we stayed with friends recently!

We often make our Christmas cards so I have begun to think about that as well. I agree we can`t afford alot either so I often look on ebay for some of it :)

Bar L. said...

You and Jo are two smart cookies for planning ahead! My son's birthday is in December so it's a double hit for me :)

Scott Parker said...

What date is your son Birthday Barbara? Mine's the 20th. Double hit for me too, haha!

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog