Saturday, September 8, 2007

Tax time again

I thought I would get in early this year to avoid the October rush.

Jo & I went to see the taxman this morning to submit our tax return. This is something that I really hate doing.

Over the last 18 months, with my former job at Skippers Transport, I was paying GST as well as income tax. Due to my lack of knowledge of the tax system & trying to do it myself, I found myself in a hole & ended stuffing the whole thing up & owing more to the tax office. So I started to take my quarterly activity statements to an accountant to make sure it was done properly.

I was really nervous about seeing the accountant this time, for fear that he was going to tell me that I owed more money; something I really did not want to hear after the events of the last 12 months.

So after going through all my paper work from the past financial year, the new was very good this time. The ATO actually owes us money this time, YAY. So all that money I have slowly been feeding into the mouth of the taxman because of my own stuff up, I will be getting some back.

My current job with Network Couriers is much easier, even though I do have to pay my own tax, I no longer have worry about GST or any other expenses.

So take my advise, either have a job where they pay all you tax for you or get the experts to do it. The heartache is really not worth it.

AddThis Feed Button

Technorati Tags: - -

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog