Thursday, July 12, 2007

Just be who you are

Do you ever find yourself doing something just because someone else does it? I have to admit that I tend to fall into that trap quite regularly.

Take my job as a courier as an example. It is often quite busy & sometimes there is not time to stop for a break. Even during the lunch time swap, we are sorting our afternoon run out, loading our vehicles & then out the door. It was the same at my previous job too.

Now I've never really been one to buy my lunch on a regular basis, I always try & take my lunch from home (my lovely wife makes it or I grab something out of the pantry), simply because I don't have the money to spend every day & I find it annoying to have to stop somewhere on the run to buy food.

I 've spoken to a number of other drivers who all say they buy their lunch on the run because they don't have time to sit down for a break.

While I did think about doing this a couple of times, I decided not to. I have my own reasons for doing things the way I do them & I actually enjoy sitting down for 15 minutes to have a lunch break & not having to worry about whether I have enough money or where I'm going to stop to buy food.

I think sometimes we see what the majority of people are doing & think that we should change our ways also.

So what about you? Do you find yourself moulding your life to fit the crowd or are you happy to be the odd one out? I guess it comes down to being confident in who your are & not trying to be someone else.

AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog