Saturday, June 2, 2007

Bring Out the Winter Wollies

Yesterday was officially the first day of winter 2007. We've already had some cool days during May, with some cold mornings that I think we're trying to prepare us for the Winter season.


For the next 3 months we can look forward to cold mornings followed by cool sunshine. Also during this time lots of rain hopefully.


I often think back to the winters in New Zealand. Frosts of -2 or 3 in the mornings. I recall often having to scrape ice off the windscreen of the car with a credit card or something similar, then hovering in front of the fireplace during the cold evenings. Ah those were the days!


Here in Perth, Western Australia though, it's not quite that extreme. Cool mornings but not cold. With 4 degrees, the dew on the car windscreen simply washes off with one sweep of the windscreen wiper & I don't think I've seen any fire places in homes here, just heaters.


I like winter much better than summer though. I find it's much easier to wrap up warm, then to try & keep cool. There's only so much clothing you can remove from your body.


How about you. How do you cope in the winter months? Do you prefer the hot or cold weather more? Please leave your comments in the comment section below.

AddThis Feed Button

0 Comments:

© Blogger Templates | Tech Blog